Search the forum,

Discuss Opinions needed on my options for dishwasher connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm only a beginner and it's my first post on here. I got some great help over on the electricians forum recently so let's see how I get on here.
We're installing a dishwasher, I've come up with a plan for the plumbing and I need to bounce it off someone. Please see the annotated photos below with detailed questions.
The dishwasher is going next to the sink, on the left hand side of the photo. The WM is staying where it is, just to the right of the photo.
Photo 1 is the general layout which also shows how I propose to connect the waste pipes. My questions are:
A. Will this work, or is there a better way to do this?
B. What size hole should I drill in the cupboard? I need a holesaw for a 13A mains plug too, so I was going to get a 57mm holesaw froom toolstation. The current WM hole is approx 57mm anyway. Or am I better off with a bigger/smaller hole?
C. Bonus points if anyone has any suggestions why there is a Bulgin P800 10A 3-pin connector there - it goses straight into the wall behind the back screen of the cupboard.
dishwasher1 waste options.JPG

Photo 2 and 3 are to show the two options I am considering for the supply. Photo 2 shows the current layout, photo 3 is an idication of the proposed solutions.
Option 1 is to close the tap at the outlet end of the braided hose, then insert a y piece between that and the sloping pipe and feed the DW from there.
Option 2 is to plumb in where the little WM tap is at the moment, replace the current elbow valve with a straight one and put a y piece on that.
My main questions here are:
D. Are there any siginificant pros or cons of these two options, or would you suggest something different?
E. There are two tees one above another in the middle of the photo. Am I right in guessing that
- the bottom Tee with the braided hose goes on to supply the boiler for hot tap water purposes, and
- the upper Tee is where upstairs supply splits off? Or could it be the other way round? And does that affect where I can or can't feed the DW from?
dishwasher2 mains options.JPG
dishwasher3 mains options.JPG

Your suggestions and opinions would be really appreciated. I'm happy to change the plan altogether if it's going to improve things. If you fancy drawing over my photos then let me just say I've recently discovered the pencil in windows snipping tool which is really handy for stuff like this.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for your response
I only ask this due to your going to have to cut a cold water connection in
I avoided this by using a y piece, £1.56 from toolstation. Not ideal but we're hoping to redo the kitchen entirely this year so it will do for now.
The waste is easy
I also thought it was going to be. But have a look at the photo - both the supply and waste hoses are too short! I've seen supply extensions online, but I would really do with suggestions for extending the waste hose by the remaining 0.5m or so. I've checked and there are no kinks/trapped parts. I could probably drill another hole in the back panel of the sink cupboard, but if anyone has alternative ideas/product recommendations these would be appreciated.
IMG_20180224_204402590.jpg

Inlet cold hose you can get longer ones

The waste as you say two options drill the hole lower or use an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Opinions needed on my options for dishwasher connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock