Search the forum,

Discuss Opinion on digital showers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

I'm considering installation of a digital shower.
I wondering if it would be an expensive mistake in the future and would it be best to stick to a conventional shower.

What do you mean by "conventional shower"?
If you have a gravity system and weighing up digital vs shower pump cost going to be pretty much the same
If you have gravity but no pump you would benefit from any pump so go for whatever pump digital or otherwise
If you have mains shower already exposed digital may be cheaper than chasing in a concealed or bar mixer valve as you don't have to touch wall/tiles but a thermostatic bath tap would always be the cheapest option at 200 quid.

What do you mean by "conventional shower"?
If you have a gravity system and weighing up digital vs shower pump cost going to be pretty much the same
If you have gravity but no pump you would benefit from any pump so go for whatever pump digital or otherwise
If you have mains shower already exposed digital may be cheaper than chasing in a concealed or bar mixer valve as you don't have to touch wall/tiles but a thermostatic bath tap would always be the cheapest option at 200 quid.

I should have mentioned I have a Combi boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Opinion on digital showers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I want to install a Mira digital shower, Gravity fed system I have the correct shower, my cylinder is downstairs but I currently have an old type electric shower HOT and COLD fed from the loft on isolators . there's limited space in the attic to get to the tank but it looks like the...
Replies
Views
What pipework changes are needed to replace a conventional open vented gravity boiler to a combi boiler ? Would toilet flush/cisterns need replacing ?
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at same time. I'm wondering if I could install a water tank to gravity feed one of the showers, with new electrric shower and if so how to stop the water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock