Search the forum,

Discuss Open vented system to sealed system Waiver. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dickie

Does anyone fit a lot of combis to old open vented systems and can they provide a copy of their 'waiver' in respect of 'Our price will not include the repairs that maybe required to the existing system with the increased pressure, etc, etc....'
Thanks chaps.

No guarantee can be given for existing pipework and fittings.

Agree with SimonG, I pressure test first to 1.5-2.0 bar, you can not guarantee work that you have not installed though.

I would always give a quote for full heating, then a quote for boiler change only, if doing full system all workmansip, PIPEWORK and material is guaranteed for one year
If boiler swap only " a system pressure test on existing will be carried out at 2bar, if would be reasonable to expect a sound system not to fail at this pressure therefore any failure of the existing system and subsequent repair due to the test will not be covered by quote or guarantee and repairs will br chargeable, only material supplied and fitted by me is covered by my guarantee, and no existing PIPEWORK , valves or radiators etc is covered in any way if as a result of increased system pressure ( which is normal and expected) there is a leak, please note that any subsequent structural or fabric damage is not covered by either guarantee or PIL
Haha when you read it back it will put some customers off, but that's too bad, cause if its not written down and accepted they will not pay for extra work and expect you to pick up the tab for leaks later on, which will be electrician call out, joiner and painter

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, but I was looking for T&Cs in that respect.

No guarantee can be given for existing pipework and fittings.

That is one of the standard terms in my terms and conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Open vented system to sealed system Waiver. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock