Search the forum,

Discuss Open vent system changeover to combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rmbp

Hi, I'm changing my knackered system open vent to combi, could someone tell me what pipes go to where in the cylinder cupboard. Any advice would be helpful, Thanks

Hi, I'm changing my knackered system open vent to combi, could someone tell me what pipes go to where in the cylinder cupboard. Any advice would be helpful, Thanks

my advice would be leave it to the plumber, you seem out of your depth

my advice would be leave it to the plumber, you seem out of your depth
I thougt I was sad on here this time of night on a saturday, but to just be on here giving people stick on saturday night is worse don't you think. I'm just asking for advice, Thanks

as puddle said without seeing your setup there is no way we can tell you which pipe goes where.

Ok, the new combi is to go where the system boiler is in kitchen, so the flow and return pipes are there. The cylinder is upstairs in cupboard, I know the cold feed isn't needed upstairs so can blank that off, I'm tapping that in downstairs. Then theres the hot feed from the cylinder thats not going to be required in the cupboard as I'm tapping that in downstairs to. So I have the flow and return from the cylinder with three port valve on then pump going back to return side but just after the three port valve theres a 15mm tap off going to what I presume is secondary return. I just need to know what way the flow and return are connected upstairs and what happens to the secondary return, I thought this got capped off, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

It is quite easy.
Just cut everything out you don't need and join all the bits you do.

Don't want to sound unhelpful, but if you don't know what your doing, you should'nt touch it. Even if the work is for yourself you must be competent to do gas work. If things go badly wrong you will have to answer to the courts. New sentencing laws mean you can get custodial for working illegally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Open vent system changeover to combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock