Search the forum,

Discuss Open Question For Engineers about our APP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone

If you haven't already downloaded the corgi direct app , you may not be aware of the current benefits we offer when using the app

We are really interested in learning from you all , how we , as a business can improve our current app to add value for you , the engineer

Currently the APP

Allows quick access to corgi-direct.com
Exclusive APP only offers are sent through push notifications
New Product alerts - Be the first to know

We are interested in offering a facility for electronic paperwork , like a subscription model

We think a lot of engineers will find this useful

We are interested to hear your thoughts ?

But not only on electronic paperwork , on any value we can add to the app which would encourage you to use it. After all, we are here to help you

Thoughts, ideas welcome....

Thanks

Corgi. was a legitimate organisation which was charged with
regulating the domestic gas fitting industry in the Uk.
Confederation of Registered Gas Installers .they no longer register
anybody and are just a retail organisation nothing more they have
no official remit so why do they lie ? and continue to use the name
trades descriptions spring to mind centralheatking

Come on Corgi justify your position

im struggling to see why it matters, also what have they lied about ?

The way I see it and I am sure I will hear should I be wrong is that there is nothing to stop anyone from naming any company in any sector Corgi ............ (whatever)

I also fail to see the lie spoken of.

im struggling to see why it matters, also what have they lied about ?

One of the lies corgi said is that all the notified boiler addresses wouldnt be used for any other purpose. Once it changed to gas safe corgi started sending letters out to all the addresses offering service contracts.

One of the lies corgi said is that all the notified boiler addresses wouldnt be used for any other purpose. Once it changed to gas safe corgi started sending letters out to all the addresses offering service contracts.
Is this the same corgi or are they different companies with same name?

that is i believe a different company

Corgi. was a legitimate organisation which was charged with
regulating the domestic gas fitting industry in the Uk.
Confederation of Registered Gas Installers .they no longer register
anybody and are just a retail organisation nothing more they have
no official remit so why do they lie ? and continue to use the name
trades descriptions spring to mind centralheatking

Come on Corgi justify your position
They have told you what they are. (A retailer for professional trades people). Everyone has questions but please keep it nice lads.

Keep the thread on topic please. Corgi hasn't been used by what was Gas Safe for a long time. Whoever uses it now I believe is under license. Either way, the thread is about the app. It's an offer to discuss that, and download it and give some feedback.

Don't bash the sponsors they're keeping this place alive. And I have to thank them hands down for that because we nearly went offline not so long ago.

Constructive criticism allowed. But just bashing the name and or a company, and perhaps in a couple of cases not even a company related to either Plumbase or corgi direct. And that's just not fair.

I'm just watching Lion King with the wife. I'll catch back up later.

Stay happy people. It's just a forum online. Do a crossword or something if you're angry about nothing at all today. :cool::p:D;)

Keep the thread on topic please. Corgi hasn't been used by what was Gas Safe for a long time. Whoever uses it now I believe is under license. Either way, the thread is about the app. It's an offer to discuss that, and download it and give some feedback.

Don't bash the sponsors they're keeping this place alive. And I have to thank them hands down for that because we nearly went offline not so long ago.

Constructive criticism allowed. But just bashing the name and or a company, and perhaps in a couple of cases not even a company related to either Plumbase or corgi direct. And that's just not fair.

Stay happy people. It's just a forum online. Do a crossword or something if you're angry about nothing at all today. :cool::p:D;)
Ok Dan no problem enjoy Lion King regards centralheatking

Thanks Dan, Enjoy the film :)

Good luck with your app, hope you’re seeing a good uptake.

I was just about to comment that catalogue apps are a waste of time and always horrible to use. I’ve downloaded 10 maybe 15 over the years, filled my phone with GB of junk and gone back to the website as it’s unusable.

You’re app is better than most, the product range listed seems a bit limited. If I want three things and you only stock 2 of them I would generally go and order all 3 from one place.

The big advantage of an electronic catalog is a parametric search or even just a filter. I couldn’t find either of these, I think most people expect this sort of functionality.

Unless you add lots of free stuff that are handy I can’t really see it taking off in a big way. Every smartphone has a browser, you can view the prover website with. Add an invoicing tool or quoting etc, link it to product prices and you’d have a winner.

I’m kind of with those who have questioned use of the Corgi name, I can see why you want a recognisable brand but it seems a bit disingenuous. Big the best footing to start our on.

I’ve looked at the website in the past and not used as it seemed like a scam. You’ve hidden all your WhoIs info and there’s not much on google about you as an organisation.

Good luck with your app, hope you’re seeing a good uptake.

I was just about to comment that catalogue apps are a waste of time and always horrible to use. I’ve downloaded 10 maybe 15 over the years, filled my phone with GB of junk and gone back to the website as it’s unusable.

You’re app is better than most, the product range listed seems a bit limited. If I want three things and you only stock 2 of them I would generally go and order all 3 from one place.

The big advantage of an electronic catalog is a parametric search or even just a filter. I couldn’t find either of these, I think most people expect this sort of functionality.

Unless you add lots of free stuff that are handy I can’t really see it taking off in a big way. Every smartphone has a browser, you can view the prover website with. Add an invoicing tool or quoting etc, link it to product prices and you’d have a winner.

I’m kind of with those who have questioned use of the Corgi name, I can see why you want a recognisable brand but it seems a bit disingenuous. Big the best footing to start our on.

I’ve looked at the website in the past and not used as it seemed like a scam. You’ve hidden all your WhoIs info and there’s not much on google about you as an organisation.

Thank you for your feedback. I will look into the stock levels that are shown. I think it might be best if we show "in stock" rather than a QTY, because if we show 2 , then most likely we will have more available if need be. We very rarely have to cancel an order.

We are part of Plumbase Limited

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions with the APP

I'm not sure were on google , you might be looking. There is lots of info about us , if you google "corgi direct" there are articles from installer, and trusted sources.

For example - CORGI Direct relaunches | Heating & Plumbing Monthly Magazine (HPM)

Hope that helps, Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. I will look into the stock levels that are shown. I think it might be best if we show "in stock" rather than a QTY, because if we show 2 , then most likely we will have more available if need be. We very rarely have to cancel an order.

We are part of Plumbase Limited

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions with the APP

I'm not sure were on google , you might be looking. There is lots of info about us , if you google "corgi direct" there are articles from installer, and trusted sources.

For example - CORGI Direct relaunches | Heating & Plumbing Monthly Magazine (HPM)

Hope that helps, Thanks

It's not stock levels that would put me off its the range of products offered. If I need a circulating pump chances are I'd want fittings or pipe other day to day stuff which you don't seem to offer. If I've got to visit a merchant I may as well pick the bits you do sell up at the same time, prices aren't low enough for me to bother doing otherwise. Obviously just an opinion but were all busy.

Then there's things like tools, instead of being presented with a list of tool types or categories I'm presented with a selection of brands. If I want a spirit level I don't want to have to go into Bacho then Nerrad etc to see which ones you offer.

Reply to Open Question For Engineers about our APP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Last year, whilst working for a plumbing firm, we managed our team and office with a web and mobile app. Rather than use anything off the shelf, I built my own system using with an app building software. Think Wix/Wordpress but for apps and a lot more complicated. This worked out a lot...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and upstairs rads running from an unvented condensing boiler. Any advice/experience on the following please:- The 1st-floor and 2nd-floor landing will retain radiators but they will be added to the underfloor manifold as a single zone as it will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock