Search the forum,

Discuss Open fire Back Boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We got an open fireplace with a back Boiler it also feeds the radiators with a pump, the water goes via the back boiler through a coil under a hot water cylinder heating the hot water. My question is, if the hot water would be connected to a pump EG pumping the water passed the back boiler through the coil would it increase the efficiency of heating the hot water on the cylinder in the summer when not using the heating?
My thinking is that and the oil boiler attached to the system when switched on uses a pump to move the water around from the boiler in the garage to the coil in the cylinder to heat it, in case of open fire the water comes first from the back boiler into the coil via pipes it then can heat the water in the cylinder, so I was thinking getting water quicker to the cylinder would speed it up getting water in cylinder hot.

The coil is not under the cylinder it is inside it. What makes you think it isn't pumped already? When back boilers first came in there were gravity cylinders and a few survive but they will be mounted up high to let the hot water circulate up from back boiler to cylinder. But if your cylinder is standing on the floor or near it then it is most likely that you have a fully pumped system, ie pumped pipework going to both radiators and cylinder coil. If you are suggesting adding an oil boiler in the garage how would that save money? Call an experienced plumber and discuss it with them.

Would need twinning in properly and I wouldnt be happy with cylinder on the ground floor.

Look at Dunsley for neutralisers and heating innovations for the h2 panel.

All about the safety of the system.

Reply to Open fire Back Boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock