Search the forum,

Discuss One radiator out of 15 won’t work? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Pete S

I have 15 rads in my house, 13 on upper floor, 2 on lower ground floor with boiler. The 2 lower floor rads seem to feed off separate pipes which drop down from upstairs. However one of these rads will not work at all, I have changed the rad and valves for new and tried bleeding etc, not even the pipes get warm to it. I have also tried attaching a hose to it and run pressurised mains through it, nothing seems to happen. I am at a loss, am considering trying a system chemical flush thinking there may be a blockage on that loop?? Help, any ideas greatfully received.

Start turning off radiators around the house.
Start with ones furthest away and keep going so you only have one or two rads on.

You may hear bubbles of air running through the rad or pipework - which means you have dislodged an airlock.

If you have only 1 rad open ad you have no heat coming through the cold rad, you may have a piping issue

Reply to One radiator out of 15 won’t work? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock