Search the forum,

Discuss One Radiator Not Playing Ball? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaymc

Hello,

Currently trying to get some mucky rads sorted, all done with no drama, however........

I have a double in the living room, that, I've flushed twice, and it's the only one not heating properly?
I did it yesterday, and again this morning, but the same thing happens, heats a bit on the infeed side, but no heat to the outfeed. I suspected my "Wait for it" 10mm microbore, and rightly so, because they were all gunked up.
I've cleaned everything, and get good flow through the valves into a bucket, but as soon as I connect the rad, its so slow to heat?
I'm confident in the pipework, although you won't believe me when I show you a picture later, but I'm curious to hear your opinions on it.
The rad hasn't worked for a while, and I suspected massive sludging, but it flushed out ok. Could it be a pump issue? although every other rad heats?
I was thinking of shutting all other rads off bar 1, and switching on so it pumps only through that rad? Does that sound ok?

Cheers

Jay

i would turn all the other rads of and hot water circuit too hopefully might clear if not ye got a blockage

Radiator worked fine after switching all others off. Opened all the others back up this morning, and they're all baking except that 1?

Radiator worked fine after switching all others off. Opened all the others back up this morning, and they're all baking except that 1?

Did you open all the lockshields up fully or only crack them open?

It had been suggested to me not to bother balancing as its on 10mm microbore, and would afect flow rate toomuch
Fact or fiction?

It had been suggested to me not to bother balancing as its on 10mm microbore, and would afect flow rate toomuch
Fact or fiction?

Take all the trv heads off every radiator and Open the rad that's the problem fully
Then open all the other lockshields on the system half a turn and fire the boiler up, see what gets hot and what doesn't, then open any radiator that aren't getting hot another half turn and repeat you might need to let the system cool and reheat to get it perfect

Only 2 TRVs in the house LOL shouldn't take long

Update...........Thanks to everyone who replied, you're beautiful people. Big thanks to Plumben for the "technique" its hotter than the sun in the house now. And all rads working as required :39:

Jay

Update...........Thanks to everyone who replied, you're beautiful people. Big thanks to Plumben for the "technique" its hotter than the sun in the house now. And all rads working as required :39:

Jay

Thanks for the update its good to hear its all working well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One Radiator Not Playing Ball? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock