Search the forum,

Discuss One radiator not getting hot in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I have fitted 5 new radiators downstairs on a gravity fed central heating system recently and one of the new radiators just wasn't getting hot. I turned off all the valves on the upstairs radiators in the hope that this would force the flow of water into the radiator that wasn't getting hot and this worked, great news!! However, I then decided to open the valves on the upstairs radiators but have the same issue again with the same radiator downstairs. I have tried only opening the upstairs valves a little but same issue.

I have noticed that in the airing cupboard where the water cylinder is kept are two valves that have tags on them stating "balancing valve - do not touch". All the radiators where working fine prior and I've not added an additional radiator to the system only replaced 5 old with new ones. Please help!

This sounds like a balancing issue to be honest. You would need to balance the system again if new valves have been fitted to the 5 new radiators.
If you're unsure on how to go about this then Google heat geek radiator balancing. It will explain the various methods on how to balance and if you read it all it will probably teach quite a bit else along the way.

This sounds like a balancing issue to be honest. You would need to balance the system again if new valves have been fitted to the 5 new radiators.
If you're unsure on how to go about this then Google heat geek radiator balancing. It will explain the various methods on how to balance and if you read it all it will probably teach quite a bit else along the way.
Thank you, I will check this out

Reply to One radiator not getting hot in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Looking for some advice please. Got a building, all one level with 7 radiators. 3 individual ones in separate rooms then 4 radiators all together in one large room. The issue is with the 4 radiators in the large room. Basically not getting hot, the first 10% of the radiator is...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour or 2 later I noticed downstairs was still cold. I looked for some advice online and turned the trv's off and locksheilds for the upstairs only and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock