Search the forum,

Discuss One boiler and two controllers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I’ve got Valliant combi boiler converted to system. Downstairs I have underfloor heating with Heatmiser thermostats and upstairs I use Nest (which also seems to be controlling hot water). The problem is that upstairs heating will only work if one of the zones downstairs is calling for heat. Unfortunately the two controllers were installed by two contractors during house renovation so now I have to try to figure it out if this issue can be resolved at all.

Btw, I’m a home owner, not plumber or gas engineer.

Is anyone here able to offer advise please?

Thank you in advance!
Ilija

now I have to try to figure it out if this issue can be resolved at all.

A competent heating engineer will be able to sort the problem out for you. Probably best to check that they are familiar with Nest before booking but most are these days. I would expect it to be trivial to get the upstairs zone to provide the boiler with a demand signal.

What will be harder is to make sure that the zones are synchronised appropriately so that the boiler doesn't 'short cycle'. There are several possible approaches to this task, each with their pros and cons, so you need someone with appropriate experience to advise you.

For this sort of thing, I suggest you get a small local independent heating-engineer who has been in the business for a good number of years and has been recommended by someone you know.

Reply to One boiler and two controllers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock