Search the forum,

Discuss Old Worcester 24i combi boiler timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteeyres

Ive got an old Worcester 24i combi boiler with a timer built into the unit, (NOT a digital timer). The kind you have to push the little teeth in for when you want the heating to come on and off. But Im not sure if you have to push the teeth in for the whole peroid that I want the heating on or do I just push in when I want it to start then stop? Help needed please. My feeling is that they all need to be pushed in but other people are saying otherwise.

the teeth need to be in for the whole period you require the heating on, if you put 1 tooth in at 2pm and another in at 6pm the heating will come on at 2pm for 1-2 mins depending on the clock, then it will come back on again at 6pm for 1-2 mins, pushing the tooth in switches something at the back of the clock as it turns, so the teeth need to be in for the whole time period req'd, if you put the teeth in for any period and turn the clock manually you will hear the boiler lighting at the on time then shutting down at the off time, then reset the clock to the correct time, i do this to check whether the teeth need to be in or our for on times if i dont know the clock

Thats what I was thinking but people I spoke to seemed to think the opposite, but to me it makes more sense our way, also the people I spoke to are plumbers just people who have had those timers before. Thanks for your help and confirming my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Worcester 24i combi boiler timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock