Search the forum,

Discuss Old Trianco 35/50 boiler parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macmasher

Hi Folks,

As the post title suggests I have an old Trianco gas back boiler with a problem. The boiler is fine but the thermostat is not. I've tried everywhere I can think of to get hold of a replacement but everyone tells me it's obsolete - highly likely given the age of the boiler. the original stat was a Landis and Gyr, reference number RAK 55.2 / 3198. the other number on the stat is TR 53790. It only has two spade connectors and the phile size is approximately 8mm.

I was told that RANKO made an equivalent but I have been unable to track it down. although someone did give me a reference number which MAY be 58317.
The GC Number for the boiler is 4489802.

I know I have to change the boiler problem is its in my elderly parents house and this is not the time of year to be undertaking that kind of work.

Any advice or a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

PS I have done a temporary repair by fitting another stat to the side of the boiler (it has the wrong phile size) and by turning to its lowest setting it prevents the boiler overheating - not ideal but needs must...

I had to buy Trianco parts earlier this year. I think the site I bought from was MyTub but I found they were part of Parts Centre. If you know the part number you could try Googling it - that's how I started.

agree with above if you have the GC number you are laughing as that should give the part and description so i cannot see it being an issue ,good luck

Yes , you would think with the amount of information I have available that finding the right part would be easy. I've tried a number of different suppliers all say that the part is now obsolete, most haven't even got a listing. That's one of the reasons I came to this site - thought someone somewhere may know of a supplier with some old stock or perhaps a service engineer with one lying around somewhere - seems my only hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Trianco 35/50 boiler parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock