Search the forum,

Discuss Old 'Town Gas' supply pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Found an old capped off pipe when we removed the kitchen cupboards. Can anyone help advise how to get it removed? Please no guess work I can do enough of that myself, I also know how to Google gas safe engineers. Just wondering if anyone else in has one, has had theirs removed or has removed one as part of their work. I believe it is the old 'Town gas supply' pipe. It is in the back kitchen and it looks like the meter used to be here. The supply now comes in off the main in the street in a plastic pipe to a meter cupboard on the front of the house.

Get the networks eg who ever does the gas laying round your area ours is wales and west etc to confirm it’s dead then you can chop it off with a grinder would drill a test hole first

Reply to Old 'Town Gas' supply pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes behind the electrical CU which I'm due to have replaced soon. We are looking to cut the old pipe out, but trying to working out what material it's...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The boiler works fine if I connect the hoses up to a remote tank of diesel. I am assuming that a filter is blocked somewhere but there is nothing between...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock