Search the forum,

Discuss Old taps replacement help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, I just moved into my first property and it's a bit of a fixer upper to say the least. I was going to change old cold/ hot water tap in bathroom basin to a modern mixer tap (drill a new hole in the middle of the basin) but the water connection has left me perplexed. I tried to unscrew the hose on the nut I marked with arrow but it seems to be turning around. Anyone had a similar situation and could.help
IMG_20210228_093724.jpg
IMG_20210228_092855.jpg
IMG_20210228_092956.jpg

Looks like a push fit connector. Don't know if it is dismountable, but try:
1. Isolate the water at the lower valve.
2. Push the brass piece at the bottom of the connector upwards.
3. While holding up, pull the whole connector up off the pipe.
If it is not dismountable:
1. Isolate water as above.
2. Cut through push fit connector to pipe (without damaging pipe). Might be easier to remove pipe from lower isolating valve, cutting flexi, and cutting through connector held in a vice.

Bit weird to cut an extra hole in basin and would question if your 'done up' house will end up being a bit of a 'doer upper' for someone else (no offence intended)?
I would replace pipe from first isolator straight up with a pipe clip before flexi.

You won’t cut a hole through the basin you will have to change it to a mono style basin

Must of taken you a while and a few bits as last time I had to modify a cistern it took me close to an hour to drill / cut one 20mm hole

Bit weird to cut an extra hole in basin and would question if your 'done up' house will end up being a bit of a 'doer upper' for someone else (no offence intended)?
I would replace pipe from first isolator straight up with a pipe clip before flexi.
Was just doing that as a stopgap measure until a full remodel within a year. Used a couple.of tap hole blockers and turned out quite decent (the plug now has a place and doesnt slide to the basin as a bonus) I grew up on the continent and just can't cope with two separate taps :)

Hi there, I just moved into my first property and it's a bit of a fixer upper to say the least. I was going to change old cold/ hot water tap in bathroom basin to a modern mixer tap (drill a new hole in the middle of the basin) but the water connection has left me perplexed. I tried to unscrew the hose on the nut I marked with arrow but it seems to be turning around. Anyone had a similar situation and could.helpView attachment 48060View attachment 48061View attachment 48062

Reply to Old taps replacement help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock