Search the forum,

Discuss Old school 1/2 inch pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hiya!
Long story short I’m doing my very first plumbing job along with a friend and we have been patiently getting together sockets straight connectors, adapters to work with 15ml inlet to a on off tap that then goes to a 22mm shower. Hasn’t been easy until now... but then I try and connect a compression fitting to what I thought was 15mm chrome pipe and turns out it’s not fitting. I bring it into a plumbing shop where good old Cliff who works at the shop tells me it’s imperial or french. Haha! It’s slightly too big for the fitting but it measures basically the same as 15ml...
Can I weld the pipes together some way? Or are there any fitting to join that pipe to my actual 15mm copper pipe that can then go on and fit to the job!? Need some serious help but still trying to do the job as I don’t give up easily! This is for a boat and already has a list of jobs so definitely don’t need to add re tiling the bathroom just need these pipes to fit!

Does the olive fit ?

Is it chrome on steel or chrome on copper, or even brass?
If it's close you should be able to remove the chrome to get it into the fitting and the olive will stretch if needed.

Some (cheaper) fittings are less acurately machined.

Try a Conex compression fitting to see if it goes onto the pipe. They tend to be a slacker fit, both with the fitting and the nuts

Usually just file out the inner edge of the nut and a good brass olive will fit over the pipe

If it's very close to fitting the olive (like a fraction of a millimetre) but the pipe is oversized you can take it down in diametre a bit with some fine sandpaper and a bit of elbow grease and patience.

Reply to Old school 1/2 inch pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock