Search the forum,

Discuss Old pump acting as a restriction? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
16 years ago when we had a Plumber in to install a combi boiler and get rid of all the tanks in the loft he left the old Central Heating pump in so now we have two, one obviously in the new boiler and the other tiled over under the bathroom floor dead with no power to it.
The new pump is on setting 3 and there dosn't seem to be any cold rads but it can't be doing it any good can it?

im amazed you haven't had any leaks from it yet.
as your combi is pressurised system if one day your gauge keeps dropping and losing pressure that wouldbe my first suspect

Mmm.....its pretty basic stuff, the guy who did it seemed to know what he was doing and he was GORGI, maybe he couldn't find it as it was tucked away under the bathroom floor but why didn't he ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old pump acting as a restriction? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock