Search the forum,

Discuss Old joints are leaking, sealed with hemp - dried out ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a question about some old plumbing around a hot water cylinder. The hot water cylinder wasn't used for 14 years and all pipes were drained. Turned the water to the hot water cylinder on and it seems that all joints on the copper tubing around the cylinder are leaking. Could it be that the hemp dried out after 14 years not having any pressure on it ? Also the Anti-scald temperature regulator is spitting water out at the top where the temperature can be regulated. Do we actually need an Anti-scald temperature regulator in NZ or can I take it out ? There are no kids in the house hold and no elderly people. Thanks for your help. cheers, steve

Last edited:
Tbh if it hasn’t been used for 14 years I would look at getting a new one installed

Reply to Old joints are leaking, sealed with hemp - dried out ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock