Search the forum,

Discuss Old farm house advice in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, looking for some advice as
To How to Go about a duel fuel system, I will get this professionally installed once
I am at that stage but just trying to get my head around how it will all work at the moment.
currently there is an electric combi boiler providing all heating and hot water, I want to install a wood boiler and heat store but would like the combi boiler to still be able to
Kick in if required on return form not being at home the odd time etc. I’ve read about twin coil systems and heat exchangers etc, can any one help give me some ideas of the best way of doing this or experiences. Many thanks, mark

You really you a designer / installer who has completed a system before and can show it to you - with a satisfied customer.

Of the types that we fit, the most common is a wood burner for heating / dhw, supplemented with solar electric and gas or oil back up (normally reusing the old boiler).

The complex part is the control system and interlocks for the wood burner as an uncontrolled heat source - that is a key safety factor.

You need to think through what you want your hot water system to deliver in both terms of flow rates and peak continuous volume of hot water. If you get it wrong, modifying the system is expensive.

Lastly the control system needs to ensure that the prioritisation is well defined - if not you will just get the quickest heat source kicking in on a regular basis.

With respect to hot water - it can be unvented, but it is unusual (very) for solid fuel in the UK and the control valves are very expensive

Reply to Old farm house advice in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock