Search the forum,

Discuss Old combi is dead - need recommendations for a system boiler and unvented tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Our old Worcester Bosch combo is in its death throws. Its been on the cards for a while now but the time is now near.

Lots of going on in the house now so need to replace with a system boiler and unvented tank.

Been quoted by a local chap for a Baxi Megaflo 24HE and a Jet 170L tank. Its quite a bit more work than a straight swap but anyway, we had a bad experience with a Baxi many years ago and so the thought of a new one is a little scary.

I realise these things are probably much of a muchness these days but I wondered what the current thinking is on which brands / models are well respected and which are to be avoided.

Local chap thinks the warrantee on parts Baxi provides is worth having over cheaper models with expensive parts as well as over expensive models with expensive parts.

What do you all think?

Cheers

Everybody on here has their own preferences and you will get several opinions.
Personally I would fit a viessmann 200 with weather compensation and a viessmann cylinder , its what I have in my own house and if I moved tomorrow I would take it with me lol

Agree with the above and I wouldn't think 170l is enough

Viessmann, Valiant & ATAG use stainless steel heat exchangers throughout their condensing boiler ranges.

Ideal Vogues come with a 10 year gaurantee if fitted with their system filter.
Very clever interface on the Gen 2 Vogues now, clever boilers.

Sorry to go off topic... but can any of the GSR members shine abit of light on when i can view the GSR side of the forum. I am a GSR Engineer.

Thanks.

Send us a pm with your gas safe number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old combi is dead - need recommendations for a system boiler and unvented tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock