Search the forum,

Discuss Old bleed valves... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGas

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hands up, who takes out and keeps old bleed valves from old rads before they go in the skip.

Have done in the past but not now. I don't like to throw too much away but the van can only take so much nowadays

Have done in the past but not now. I don't like to throw too much away but the van can only take so much nowadays

thats why we have a garage or shed, keeps you happy for ages looking for where you put them!!

You'd have to have a screw loose to do that!

Sorry! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old bleed valves... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine initially, but I noticed that the little bleed screw needed to be turned a little tighter each time I bled that radiator to seal it up again. Having bled it...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am looking to bleed the radiators in my rented flat as winter is now starting to kick in and want things to work as efficiently as possible. Some advice says use a flat head screwdriver but there is not a groove in them to be able to use one. So I bought a radiator bleed key...
Replies
Views
Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I need to bleed it to stop the bubbling noise. How can I fix this please? Is it possible to buy a new one and if so how do I know what to ask for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in New Mexico US... I have a fifties boiler with floorboard radiant hydronic heating. The old valves are corroded and not working. I have found a bushing valve combo that has same threading but different profile. Please anyone knows of source for old valve types... Or, can the new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock