Search the forum,

Discuss Old baxi bermuda to combi boiler cost help! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all and thanks for letting me post this question in your forum.

I have just had a quote in of £5,700 to replace our old baxi bermuda back boiler with a new baxi 800 combi boiler. All pipework in the property would be changed and along with nine radiators. Decommision and remove the old fire, water tank etc

We were also quoted a cost of 3k if we just wanted the old boiler removed and the new boiler installed to the old pipework and continue using the old rads. We are not too keen on that as the pressure from the new boiler could cause issues down the line on the old pipes.

The question is, is this a fair price for the work?

We are on the west coast of Scotland and the property was built in 1910, has a living room 3 bedrooms, dining room, shower room, kitchen and in most of the property 3 meter tall ceilings.

I hope you guys and help me work out if this is fair.

Thanks you in advance for your assistance.

what size 800 series boiler also did the company do a room / whole house heatloss to size the rads?

As above from Shaun as regards the rads , the whole house needs to be re-sized your potential new boiler will have a lower flow temp than the bermuda .

Sounds about right based on the info you have given
You should get a limescale fighter if its a hard water area and a good programmer/thermostat

Hi and thanks for all the replies. All rooms were measured to calculate the new rads that were required.

I think I will go ahead with the quote.

I am most grateful for your assistsnce, best regards

Removing back boilers, cylinders flues and associated tanks properly is not a cheap exercise so this is
why you might be suprised compared to a combi swap. make sure all the old stuff is completely removed. centralheatking

Sounds about right, if not a bit on the cheap side for a full system repipe and new rads. Crack on! Make sure he's been recommended and you're happy with his work.

Sounds about right, if not a bit on the cheap side for a full system repipe and new rads. Crack on! Make sure he's been recommended and you're happy with his work.
Thanks, he put a new boiler in for my father in law and for one of my old neighbours so can trust their work. Just wanted to be sure about the price been fair.

Thanks again 😁

Reply to Old baxi bermuda to combi boiler cost help! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock