Search the forum,

Discuss Old 70s taps not standard fixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I live in an old 70s council block and I have been told that these taps are the original fixings. They are leaking so I assume a washer needs to be replaced but my plumber said it can't be done with this type and we need to replace the taps completely which would require ripping out the wood panelling which runs along the entire length of the room. Please let me know if this can be avoided!

20180128_101721.jpg

This is how taps should made, quality engineering thats stood the test of time. Not like the trash out there at the mo.
I'm sad that we got rid of the ones in the bathroom. The water pressure on them was amazing. The guy said he couldn't replumb them. But he also did a terrible job on the whole bathroom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old 70s taps not standard fixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello folks, I’m trying to fix this slow leaking tap myself and I’m stuck here. How do I dismantle it further to replace whatever needs replacing to fix the drip? (The chrome ring round the top will not unscrew by hand.) Many thanks
Replies
Views
I have a wall mounted bathroom tap that leaks. Presumably I need a washer of sorts replaced. I cannot work out which tool I need to remove the tap. There is a small hole (8mm?) to the side but I can’t seem to get a fixing from either a alum key or screwdriver. Ever hopeful…? Matt
Replies
Views
Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some horror stories about these bursting / leaking so would prefer rigid fixings like the existing ones they are replacing. I'm looking to purchase this...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head covers only need to change the tap head covers really Problem is the old tap head covers wont turn! Any ideas please? Thanks
Replies
Views
My Zanussi gas oven has 4 gas rings and 2 gas ovens (the smaller top oven has a grill). (Model ZCG664GNC). There are 6 gas knobs (gas taps you might say) on the front panel, and one of these has a double function (turn it left and it operates the smaller oven, turn it right and it operates the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock