Search the forum,

Discuss OLCI or BTSC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

81ll

Gas Engineer
I’m thinking about training as a plumber and was wondering if someone who has already trained could tell me whose better to train with OLCI or BTSC and why?

Didn't BTSC go into administration?

do not deal with btsc n dont give them your bank details , read the thread on here about them , im a btsc victim back in 2010 (manchester) , if its a gas course your after go to able skills bradford or dartford , bradford a guy called dave binks

there are some good guys on here that have gone down the olci route ansd they are happy enough with it and so am i

I meant plumbing in general, not the particular training provider lol

ah sorry tb thought id let 81ll know the industrys not all bad!

sory have to disagree

a proper college teaches you in the name of education and personal advancement. the training centres named in this thread are businesses and teach you in the name of profit so imho there is a conflict of interest.

also a college may take longer to train but for a good reason. Rome wasnt built in a day and plumbers cant be trained in 16 weeks and earn 40 grand a year

sory have to disagree

a proper college teaches you in the name of education and personal advancement. the training centres named in this thread are businesses and teach you in the name of profit so imho there is a conflict of interest.

also a college may take longer to train but for a good reason. Rome wasnt built in a day and plumbers cant be trained in 16 weeks and earn 40 grand a year

Don't you believe it about colleges teaching you in the name of education & personal advancement, it is all about the money for them nowadays, accountants run them & the education always suffers.
I know where you are coming from Julesverne & you are right in a lot of cases proper colleges, as you call them, do still exist but there are also some very very bad ones (why do you think they are offering the 6035 course instead of the 6089 = MONEY) & likewise some training providers are very very good & not just in it for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OLCI or BTSC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed up in my work for so long that I’ve enrolled to do my gas safe and become an engineer. I know it’s hard work but I’m really excited and I’d love to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
hi could someone please tell me how a Danfoss tp9000 programmer with a remote sensor is wired to an existing s plan system?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock