Search the forum,

Discuss Oil to Gas Boiler Conversion in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is currently heated via FHW via an oil-fired boiler. Hot water is also provided by the boiler (via a tankless coil inside boiler). There are gas lines at the street, and the gas co is willing to bring gas into my house & install a meter for a $1000 refundable deposit (refunded if I hook up my heating system within certain amount of time, I think 6 months). I would really prefer to get this house on gas, but the boiler itself is relatively young and good-quality and I've concluded it does not make sense to walk away from it anytime soon. I've gotten quotes on a whole new gas-fired boiler and it's just too much to replace something that's working fine and has plenty of life left One option I've been proposed by a plumbing / heating co, is for them to install a gas-fired burner gun on the boiler, replacing the oil-fired boiler and keeping everything else as-is. The price for this project would be worth it to me based on the fuel savings, less maintenance / cleaning, the options / value that it adds for having gas in the house (stove, dryer, etc), and also saving on insurance from not having to insure the risk of oil spill / leak from the tank Does anyone have experience with these conversion kits? I've heard from some that it can cause a maintenance headache and long-term issues for the boiler. The plumbing / heating co seems decent & they've done this project to an extensive number of boilers they say.

Reply to Oil to Gas Boiler Conversion in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock