Search the forum,

Discuss Oil Tank Main Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plm

Hi all,

Customer has main valve on oil tank I have never seen before.

Small screw to isolate oil flow, just like mains water isolation, going to filter with clear plastic bowl and gauge and oil pipeline connections.

The plastic bowl is strarting to craze and could crack anytime. tried the plastic bowl off the oil filter from tool station but threaded bolt for connection is too big. Aluminium bowl from *** filter fits on thread but is wrong diameter at top and will not seal onto valve body!!

Anyone know the name of manufacturer of this valve so I can get correct bowl

Thanks in advance

PLM

Won't it be easier, quicker and cheaper just to replace the whole thing with a new isolation valve and filter?

Just replace the whole thing, if customer wants a like for like replacement tell them its ÂŁ35.00 +VAT per hour while you spend about 3hours trying to find the replacement for the one they have.

Hehe - I think replacing with isolation valve and new filter IS the cheapest option!!

Hehe - I think replacing with isolation valve and new filter IS the cheapest option!!

Always the same, "Can you fix/replace it?"
Answer:"Yep be ÂŁ***.XX to replace with something simular"
Cust: "can you find one the same?"
Then Muggings the plumber has to spend his night off looking for a cheap nasty tap/filter/sink or whatever to save the cust a few pence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Tank Main Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi people, I am trying to do a basic plumbing installation, and would like some pointers, as i have never done any plumbing in my life, and i want to do the job right and as simply as possible, without fuss, and preferrably without calling a plumber out. I want a challenge! I want to use...
Replies
Views
plonkerplumber
P
S
Current set up: One hole monoblock mixer kitchen tap is old and broken, leaking from the base, needs to be replaced. Connected to the hot and cold pipes by straight copper 15mm to 10mm pipes, soldered at both ends. What I am proposing and would appreciate it if anyone could identify any...
Replies
Views
M
Hi All A bit of help required today please as the wife wants her bathroom back......!!!!!! I am fitting a thermostatic shower valve and have a couple of questions for the experts. My hot water system is a comby and the water is mains fed too. 1. The valve incudes two flow regulators in the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all - I am new to this but I hope you can help me a little. I put this on the valves & taps forum but have had no answers yet but fewer peole seem to look at that so here goes again... with pictures! We have an old cast iron bath with the mixer tap with a valve to divert the water to the...
Replies
Views
R
C
Hi, After discovering there was no mains water this morning, I've traced the problem part of the way. Looks like the blue plastic mains is frozen somewhere between the street mains and the stopcock under my sink. I've tried gently warming the 6 inches or so of the blue mains that I have access...
Replies
Views
dontknowitall
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock