Search the forum,

Discuss Oil Rayburn - float switch flips off before oil reaches wick in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all, we just moved into a house with a oil Rayburn range as the primary source of heating, but it has been off for about 10 years. We havent had any luck finding an engineer or knowledgeable person due to our extremely remote location and covid 19.

the problem seems to be that as oil fills up the BM control unit, the float switch flicks off before oil ever reaches the wick. I dont know anything about Rayburns but having just filled the oil tank and winter weather beginning, I am desperate to get it to work. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Info:
Rayburn 208K, serial R0071970
BM control 1Z00994, Typ 30, Nr. 30003054

The float system on these types of valves is linked to a safety cut off system should the level of oil in the unit raise too high. By the sounds of it you could have more than one problem if oil is not reaching the wicks as well. Unfortunately for you these units are not to be touched by the end user. You need an experienced person to overlook it for you.

Without repeating any of the good advice given by SJB - A Rayburn / Aga that has been unused for 10 years , the oil supply, the unit, the ventilation and the flue system need to be properly recommissioned. Dangerous situations can occur very quickly if they are not properly set up.

Reply to Oil Rayburn - float switch flips off before oil reaches wick in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock