Search the forum,

Discuss Oil Heating staying on when clock is off in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

My heating is coming on when the clock is off and typically this has been a motorised valve failed but i have checked both valves, (i believe both replaced in last two years and the manual levers are solid i.e closed). Now what is strange is that full heat gets to the radiator closest to the boiler and then temperate heat to the next nearest and furthest away is cold. When a motorised valve fails the whole lot gets heat?

My first thought was motorised valve, but I know they've been replaced, only closest radiator gets full heat so....?? but it seems like a valve issue somewhere?

Thanks

Barry

Then you need a multimeter to check where the feed is coming from. Probably a motorised valve end switch stuck contacting. Electrically isolate the system and remove the two orange wires from the zone valves in the wiring centre. Supply power to the system again and check which valve is supplying power. If you’re not confident then please get someone in who is.

Then you need a multimeter to check where the feed is coming from. Probably a motorised valve end switch stuck contacting. Electrically isolate the system and remove the two orange wires from the zone valves in the wiring centre. Supply power to the system again and check which valve is supplying power. If you’re not confident then please get someone in who is.
will do, thanks

Reply to Oil Heating staying on when clock is off in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock