Search the forum,

Discuss Oil furnace not igniting, what can i do? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Stuart McLaren

Oil furnace not igniting, today my oil boiler tripped the central heating fuse, once reset the boiler needed reset on the furnace control box(no coloured light), once reset the boiler blower etc is running, but not firing, there is no heat coming from the boiler and nothing heating up. the thermostat reset button is loose and cant be pressed

Reply to Oil furnace not igniting, what can i do? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from the Allen key until the oil ran free and it fired up fine. Did the same on the second one but that had an E9 over temp error. We reset the thermostat...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock