Search the forum,

Discuss Oil fired combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colin1983

Hello, i am looking into getting a oil combi boiler as the price of tanked gas in rural areas is very high. Can anyone recomend a type or size or give me any advice on the matter. It will only be feeding a kitchen and a bathroom (no shower).

Thanks Colin

We need more info from you cocker. Type of house? How many stories? How many rooms? How many external walls? How many rooms? Doubleglazing? Have you good loft and cavity insulation? Are you thinking of zones, upstairs and downstairs for example? How good is your water pressure? Are you using your existing heating system, that's rads and pipework? Where are you thinking of putting the boiler?

And so on. And that's before we start asking environmental questions so we can advise on what type of oil tank you need, where you should put it and what base it needs.

I'm not trying to put you off cocker, it's just there's a lot of considerations, it's not just bang a boiler in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin, oil is not your only choice, there are ALTERNATIVES and they will be cheaper to run.

Eco

Yes very ECO and you will be WARM :D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
i really must have a chinwag one day with you about renewable energy systems, Eco. I've not much experience with them.

Evening, i am interested in any other ideas you have. The only reason i thought oil is because i converted from solid fuel to oil about 15 years ago. It is a large very old detached schoolhouse with 3ft thick stone walls therefore cost alot to heat oh and did i mention its in the far north of scotland lol. I have worked on solar and ground source systems but only on large commercial jobs, but any suggestions would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil fired combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock