Search the forum,

Discuss Oil fired boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ihavenoidea

Forgive the ignorance, and possibly stupid questions.

We have a building that has a oil fired boiler, that need to be scrapped.

I am confused as to the workings Of the pipework.

All pipework is big old steel/cast and very large diameter.

The boiler has a pipe at the base followed by a pump, i am assuming this is hot water out.

There are 3 pipes on top, one thin one (22mm) and 2 big ones.

The only stop tap I can find is a standard 15mm one, I cannot find any feed or tap to stop the feed to the boiler.

What am I looking for? Will there be a a big stop tap ?...

Thanks

I think you're trying to compare the above with a combi boiler in a typical house. If the above is a system boiler there will probably be a feed and expansion tank somewhere in the loft/top of the building. If this doesn't help can you give a little more info like what the building is and how the hot water is heated?

the large pipes heat the hot water cylinder by gravity circulation and the radiators are fed by the pumped 22mm pipework , the pump being on the return to the boiler.

Do the owners now it is being scrapped or is it a weekend special :eek:;)

Hopefully legit :)

The job should be a nice little earner,why not pay a plumber for a hour to show you what,s,what

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my boiler, it's a church.

It's throwing me that I cannot see how it's fed, there is also hot water, and I am buggered if I can find a hot water tank ?

It's my boiler, it's a church.

It's throwing me that I cannot see how it's fed, there is also hot water, and I am buggered if I can find a hot water tank ?

I surprised that you a, swear and b, practice that particular deviation in church. Not becoming of a church goer. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil fired boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock