Search the forum,

Discuss Oil fired boiler burner shuts down after running normally for five minutes. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I'm having problems with my oil fired central heating boiler. Its a Panda II with an Electro Oil burner fitted with a Danfoss oil pump. The problem- The burner fires up normally as per, and the flame is well established, however after seven minutes it flames out and then locks out after the statutory 12 seconds. I've checked the oil supply, bled the feed pipes, cleaned the filter in the oil pump and bled the pump. Problem still persists. Any ideas anyone?
Dave W

Yep. Can you reset it straight away or do you have to wait several minutes?

Danfoss pump and danfoss coil. Common problem with danfoss coil breaking down after a short while. I'd suspect the coil first but I wouldn't rule out a fuel supply issue either based on what you've said

Hi,
I'm having problems with my oil fired central heating boiler. Its a Panda II with an Electro Oil burner fitted with a Danfoss oil pump. The problem- The burner fires up normally as per, and the flame is well established, however after seven minutes it flames out and then locks out after the statutory 12 seconds. I've checked the oil supply, bled the feed pipes, cleaned the filter in the oil pump and bled the pump. Problem still persists. Any ideas anyone?
Dave W
Problem solved, turned out it was the coil

Reply to Oil fired boiler burner shuts down after running normally for five minutes. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock