Search the forum,

Discuss Oil feed pipe fire valve(s) in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hy all,
Do oftec regs allow passing of the oil feed through the foundation wall under floor space if the feed pipe is installed in a fire proof steel tube? I wondered if it would help me overcome an installation problem perhaps with a fire valve at either end of the feed as it enters and exits the wall?

Can’t picture exactly what you mean.
I have on occasion run an oil line in the screed through a steel sleeve, with the kbb capillary in a separate sleeve (in case of need for replacement).

Can’t picture exactly what you mean.
I have on occasion run an oil line in the screed through a steel sleeve, with the kbb capillary in a separate sleeve (in case of need for replacement).
Hy D, Its a simple bungalow with boiler on wall opposite to the wall where the pipe enters the property under floor level. I wanted to run plastic from the tank at 450mm deep up to the firevalve 7M away from the boiler on the opposite side of the building. Can I run the feed in copper from the firevalve up to an internally mounted GOK deaerator or would the feed have to exit to another firevalve on the opposite wall where it would technically re-enter the building? Hope thats a bit clearer..thx for reply.
Dov

Reply to Oil feed pipe fire valve(s) in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank. I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to keep the number of compression joints to a minimum, I’d like to fit an external tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator (the one that incorporates an isolation...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Been in property about 10 years and the valve on the (round/bunded) Balmoral tank has always been in pretty rusty state. Tank is 5,000 litres but only got about 300L left at the moment. Please see picture. Looking for opinions on whether to get valve/filter assembly replaced due to rust or if I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant pipes. Since then, my boiler (pretty new Vaillant combi) turns on when I turn the cold water on. I’ve done some reading and it seems like the problem is...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock