Search the forum,

Discuss Oil Central Heating Quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumber has quoted me £9,000 to install 1300Lt Oil Tank, Grant 36e External Combi Boiler, 5 small radiators and 2 large radiators. No VAT. Plus another £100 to sign off.
Electrician quoted £370 to supply Nest Thermostat and conect to boiler.
Builder wants £500 to lay the slab for the oil tank.

Does all this seem reasonable?

do you mean plus vat or no vat nest connection and supply is reaonable would have thought sign off included in price builder may be reasonable but i would imagine you could do yourself as for heating quote you need to get at least 3 quotes

Plumber has quoted me £9,000 to install 1300Lt Oil Tank, Grant 36e External Combi Boiler, 5 small radiators and 2 large radiators. No VAT. Plus another £100 to sign off.
Electrician quoted £370 to supply Nest Thermostat and conect to boiler.
Builder wants £500 to lay the slab for the oil tank.

Does all this seem reasonable?
We can't really comment without being there. I'm afraid the best we can do is to ask you to get 3 quotes and see what each of the plumbers say. Don't pay for a call-out fee to get an estimate, you should find plumbers who don't do that - depending on your area etc.

As for the VAT - Is it a new-build so VAT exempt? Or are you saying everybody wants cash?!?! lol

That's a lot of cash if so! :D

Depends on whereabouts in the country.
Depends on pipe routes.
Depends on tank to boiler and boiler to inside.

Also that's a big combi for 7 radiators. How many bathrooms?

You need other prices.

As a comparison for you, last year did 7 rads, 1250 oil tank, firebird combi (internal) and all pipework for 6800.
North east england.

Reply to Oil Central Heating Quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock