Search the forum,

Discuss Oil boiler question - can't get heating on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Just moved into a new house which has oil central heating. There is a Honeywell thermostat in the house which I think I have worked out. The boiler is in an out house. From what I can see the heating should be on. The controls look as follows. I'm pretty sure there is some oil in the tank. I know that picture shows the heating and water as off but I did have it set to on and no joy. Does anyone know what the box with the one button on the left is. The bottom light is currently flashing red.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220114_164411.JPG
    20220114_164411.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 5
The programmer (time clock) is set to off.
Bottom part of it is a drop down door flick it down and use buttons to move the arrow each side to either timed or on.
The box on left is rf thermostat receiver.

Yes I know when this picture was taken the heating and water were both set to the off position. I did have them both set to on aswell but the heating still would not come on. Both were set to on and the thermostat had a picture of a little flame on the top right signalling it was calling for heat but the boiler wasn't going anything.

See if boiler has any power on lights on it
If it has a door on front of boiler take it off
See if burner has red light showing if it has typically push it in .
Thats re set button if your unsure clear pictures of boiler with door off please.

Boiler has a green power light an an amber light on below it. 3 way switch set to up for boiler, middle is off and bottom is I'm, for immersion. Not at the house now will take pictures with door off tomorrow

Reply to Oil boiler question - can't get heating on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock