Search the forum,

Discuss Oil boiler on but not igniting in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've an old warmflow boiler, when it's switched on I can hear it running but its not catching. I can hear it trying to catch every 10 seconds or so but it just wont. Theres no lock out, it's not that it needs bled. I was on to an engineer about it, he thought low oil, I got oil today so not that. Any ideas or should I get another engineer? TIA

Was your oil low / empty tho ?

Riello burner? Got a pic? Did you run out of oil? Have you kept pressing lockout button to reset?

What's the end of the photocell like? Give it a wipe.

Could be photocell, could be control box.

Riello burner? Got a pic? Did you run out of oil? Have you kept pressing lockout button to reset?

What's the end of the photocell like? Give it a wipe.

Could be photocell, could be control box.

Attachments

• 16413185296945973886356940421817.jpg
    16413185296945973886356940421817.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 7
It ran out before but then I got oil and had it bled and all was fine for a while, then it started not catching. I haven't hit the reset because the boilers been on and it hasn't lit. No idea what photocell even is haha

Mectron burner, dont like the poc on the boiler casing.
Needs an oil engineer. Need to get it running, check combustion and change the burner and flange seals.

Not familiar with this burner, I do very little oil. But if it’s run out/low, will likely need new oil filter/pump cleaning and I’d put new nozzle/s in.

Reply to Oil boiler on but not igniting in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock