Search the forum,

Discuss Oil boiler in low water pressure location. Pump problem. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

No not that don’t twist that

You will either have an auto vent or two like what you have in your rads

Hi John, back late. But I have run the system again without problem. You asked about way to purge at boiler top. Is this it? And if so, is it obvious what to do with it?it looks like a 3bar PRV but too much electrics

Hi John, back late. But I have run the system again without problem. You asked about way to purge at boiler top. Is this it? And if so, is it obvious what to do with it?View attachment 64219
No, leave well enough alone as you are now running OK. I am not familiar with that type of PRV as it seems to have a temperature capilliary attached to it, just from a safety aspect ensure that the other side of the PRV is attached to a pipe that goes to waste.

This is what a PRV looks like with that open end going to drain.

shopping

Last edited:
I think I might have been on those lines when I reduced temp of boiler. Gotcha re valve, I'm going to progress some of these points tomorrow. I've turned the pump down to 2, which is where I thought it was, and retry.
The two thermostat (control&hi limit) sensors are located where shown, they are in a dry pocket that is screwed into the top of the boiler.

Attachments

• Firebird Thermostats Sensors.JPG
    Firebird Thermostats Sensors.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Oil boiler in low water pressure location. Pump problem. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock