Search the forum,

Discuss Oil boiler fuel conversion help needed in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone....

I want to convert my oil boilers from gas oil to kerosene.

Given that I know the existing nozzle size and pump pressure, is there any way to calculate the required nozzle size and pressure required to get the same heat output on kero?

I checked the pump manual for the pump (Danfoss) - couldn't find anything useful.

Once covid has gone I'll get the burners set up properly but my tank happens to be empty NOW so would be a good time to do it.

Any advice appreciated.

Oil engineers allowed to work through covid.
Indeed they are. Finding one that is actually willing to do anything other than emergency repairs (which is all they're supposed to do) is a problem. I don't want to order another tank full of expensive oil but neither do I want non-functioning heating for longer than necessary whilst it's below freezing.

Who says they can only do emergency repairs?

The instructions are work from home, unless you cant.

For me that means oil servicing, oil installs and bathrooms are going ahead. If the likes of B and M or the Range can stay open then it's pretty much open season. But that's a whole other discussion.

Anyway, back to your issue.

Just knowing a nozzle size and a pressure will do you no good. Need a flue gas analyser to set it up or it could be dangerous.

For me safety over rules the need to buy another tank of heavy or being cold.

Reply to Oil boiler fuel conversion help needed in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock