Search the forum,

Discuss Oil boiler Drayton SM1 heating not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

So we have an oil fed boiler which seems to be working fine - by which I mean that we have hot water no problem and the oil tank is full.

In regards to the heating though, we have a Drayton SM1 single channel timer with a Danfoss thermostat.

The timer itself is always showing a red light for the heating to be on, but the radiators aren’t heating up. They only heat up about twice a day (if that - and not all the radiators come on) despite the timer being set otherwise. And when they do come on it doesn’t really heat the house.

We’ve bled the radiators and they’re fine.

Any help or suggestions as to where the problem could lie would be much appreciated.
We’ve thought that maybe the thermostat or timer might need replacing but obviously not too sure on what’s going on with the heating.

If boiler burner is able to fire for reasonably long periods, then might be your circulating pump limping

Reply to Oil boiler Drayton SM1 heating not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
G
I have a danesmore 20/25 oil boiler and it is firing up but it’s producing no heat to the water or the radiators My next door neighbour an electrician has checked the cylinder and thermostat and they all check out ok so he thinks the problem is within the boiler Can Someone help give me some...
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock