Search the forum,

Discuss offset connector issue for shower mixer valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Need a bit of advice for installing a shower mixer valve. Issue Im having is that the tiler put the tiles on and the gap has went from 150mm to 135mm. I have 2 copper pipes coming out of the wall and have the mixer valve already measuring 150mm. Ive two offset connectors but not sure how to incorporate them into the pipes. Ive the brass wall mounts I was going to use originally but it doesnt match the offsets I have. Is their other brass wall mounts available or do the offsets need to be sunk into the wall?
Or do I need to get an adjustable shower mixer? Hard to get in black is the problem.

TIA

Simplest thing is to move the pipes back to their original positions and fit the valve as you had originally planned.
Do this by stitch drilling the tiles to allow pipe movement - it’s easier if you can remember where they were initially- did you measure off a window or any fixed point.

Simplest thing is to move the pipes back to their original positions and fit the valve as you had originally planned.
Do this by stitch drilling the tiles to allow pipe movement - it’s easier if you can remember where they were initially- did you measure off a window or any fixed point.
The walls are tracked down the way and have been given a bit of space on each side, these have since been filled in and im not sure I want to start digging into the tiles, had to do it for the radiator as it was leaking when re-installed and need to put a new tile on for that as well tomorrow. Im just looking an easy way out with little to no damage.
Should have just hired someone that could tile and plumb at the same time and this wouldnt have been an issue, but getting a trade guy is near on impossible at the minute, always busy.

Is their any other fittings I can attach to the wall or any offset adaptors to close the gap the 15mm needed?

Didn’t you check before it was tiled ?

Didn’t you check before it was tiled ?
It was measured correctly and set at 150mm centred. Went away for two weeks on business and came back and it was already completed. Tiler has moved them over slightly to negate the end of the tile on one side to make it easier for him to finish it off.
The tracks in the walls were not filled and the tiler filled them in before tiling

It was measured correctly and set at 150mm centred. Went away for two weeks on business and came back and it was already completed. Tiler has moved them over slightly to negate the end of the tile on one side to make it easier for him to finish it off.
The tracks in the walls were not filled and the tiler filled them in before tiling

Upto the tiler to correct then at his expense call him back

Reply to offset connector issue for shower mixer valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the soil pipe in position. The supplied fitting is now approximately 130mm offset from the vertical connection. Any ideas? (amateur obviously!) Wondered...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what model would I replace it with and how would I replace it if I changed the model! I would like to change the type of model to a lever one. I have...
Replies
Views
I removed an old shower hose, which was installed by previous home owner at least 12 years ago. Upon removal, the connection is like nothing I have ever seen and I am unable to find any replacement hose of similar connector type. btw: When I removed the hose , there was no loose rubber washer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock