Search the forum,

Discuss Odd CH boiler behaviour... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an Ideal Combi 35 boiler that is two years old.

It is exhibiting unusual behaviour on the Bar indicator. When the CH is on the indicator rises slowly to over 3.5 and I turn off the thermostat the indicator drops to zero. I turn the thermostat up and I have to let water in to get the indicator up to 0.5 for the boiler to start again.

Then I have to repeat the cycle because the Bar indicator gets towards the max again.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Needs a service and maybe one or two parts replacing

Reply to Odd CH boiler behaviour... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock