Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ Portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JordanP

Ive Just completed my C&G Diploma In Plumbing Level 2 an later found out that it wasn't worth much without the NVQ Portfolio, So ive join a training centre and started my Portfolio completing all the jobs i need to do to get signed off aswell as taking all the required pictures, ive also got a Environmental Protection Exam to take next week but i hardly know anything about it, would you say its basic common sense?

I was initially thinking it was environmental awareness... But Cheers

Oh yes. Environmental awareness. 'Always use compression joints because you save the CO2 emitted during soldering' [but you add CO2 in the manufacture of extra materials in the heavier brass joint and use more diesel if there's a weep and you have to go back to site].

Still trying to persuade college to invite Mr. Maskrey to visit us - we'd have a few questions to be sure!

Good luck with your NVQ - it isn't too difficult so long as you can get the site work - show them 3 types of install twice, a bit of basic maintenance, H and S, and a decommission.

Last edited:
PM me if you haven't got the NVQ book. I may be able to help (and I'm not trying to make money either).

PM me if you haven't got the NVQ book. I may be able to help (and I'm not trying to make money either).

I've already got the list of jobs needed and how many pictures needed, With the exam i'm going to just try my best with it tbh. Got through all the other exams hopefully should be the case with this exam aswell

I haven't taken the exam yet, will be taken on Saturday this week at TAFT TRAINING i will let you know how it goes and what to expect.

I was going to try to give him access to the online version of the textbook, but he's decided
With the exam i'm going to just try my best with it tbh. Got through all the other exams hopefully should be the case with this exam as well

Well, I have a long train journey soon and won't be online for several days, but, to be honest, these multiple choice questions aren't too bad usually, as you've already discovered. Let us know how it goes, though.

I done the exam yesterday and passed with flying colours.. word of advice if you struggled with the Health and safety exam i suggest you revise as some questions come up. you also get questions about wind turbines and the different types of carbons ( Low and High carbons) and name them and energy efficiency ratings. I hope this helps a little bit

Remember you need to demonstrate to an assessor you have done the required work and it meets the standards, so there isn't a set amount of photos required, just evidence to prove what you have done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ Portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock