Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ Level 3 Questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the colleges in London as they don't offer the Level 3 Diploma in plumbing over weekends. The one who does, Able Skills, reserves the places on their weekend course for students who completed the level 2 Diploma with then only. All the colleges wants me to complete the level 3 Diploma(At £3000) before I enrole for the level 3 NVQ. I have completed the level 2 Diploma but not the level 2 NVQ.

So finally my question, is there a way to complete the level 3 NVQ without having level 2 NVQ? City and Guilds state on their website that if you have sufficient experience you can progress straight to the level 3 NVQ but I'd like to know from someone who has gone that route and what college/training centre can I contact?

The answer is no you can't undertake a Level 3 NVQ without first completing the Level 2 it is an entry requirement & quite rightly so.

How much practical hands on experience have you got when ? none, a few weeks or a year ?

C&G make that statement for those Plumbers who have been working of a good number of years in the industry but did not have the opportunity at the time of their training to undertake it.
They will asked to prove their knowledge & practical skills before being allowed onto the level 3 which is all the advanced stuff like pipework design, heat loss & rad sizing etc etc etc.

I don't no your personal plumbing experience Funky but I would be interested to know why you think you have the right to progress without having seen the real plumbing world so that as you learn the more advanced stuff you can see how it is applied to the work that we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ Level 3 Questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock