Search the forum,

Discuss Now it's nice and warm would any of you bother? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGT

I had a terrible time when our boiler broke down in the middle of the coldest winter in history. Nobody could be bothered with our problem.
I sat in for 2 of you lovely people but you never showed up .. the only one who turned up suspected a flue fault but he was scared of heights and wouldn't use ladders.
So my question is, would anyone of you Gas Gods in the Gt Manchester area do us a full service so that we can keep warm this winter? Please?

Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with two heating engy

We have a few members in your area I'm sure

Reactions: GGT
Sorry a bit too far for me , as a Yorkshire man , I can not venture into the " darkside " .

Did you manage to get it fixed or is it still not working?

You mean he cared more for his own safety and making sure his kids grew up with a father than saving you a few quid on scaffolding?

Good for him.

Don't know how high it was mate

You mean he cared more for his own safety and making sure his kids grew up with a father than saving you a few quid on scaffolding?

Good for him.
Nahh, he was about 65 with a bit of Parkinson's on him .. could be done from the roof of the porch ...

Nahh, he was about 65 with a bit of Parkinson's on him .. could be done from the roof of the porch .

Any sort of ladder use or playing about on any roof you need to give your man extra incentive. If I start doing every job going on the ladder my retirement will come much sooner than expected and I suppose I wont get many get well cards with 50 pound notes in them from my happy customers.

So you did manage to get a GSR engineer to fix your boiler? Can you not get in touch with the last engineer to carry out your service? Don't want to put a downer on it either but even having a thorough service of the boiler doesn't guarantee it won't break down in winter again mate

So you did manage to get a GSR engineer to fix your boiler? Can you not get in touch with the last engineer to carry out your service? Don't want to put a downer on it either but even having a thorough service of the boiler doesn't guarantee it won't break down in winter again mate

Well, I won't have a new boiler fitted.
Looks like I'm gonna have to go to the big boys pay them a monthly fee and leave you guys alone.

I'm not saying have a new boiler, try check trade or similar for your area read the reviews and go with someone

Call out boiler maker, fixed price repair and you can pay monthly, with regards to climbing on to your roof, it all a mater of looking after your own safety, lots of risks involved that must be taken into account, how would you like to pay his wages for months/years if anything happened.

Look for a decent local chap he will probably provide a better service also a decent amount of knowledge should you need to have any work carried out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Now it's nice and warm would any of you bother? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock