Search the forum,

Discuss novice diyer needs help re installed cold radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jj1960

i would like to give as much info as i can so please bear with me
about 3 years ago i took out a radiator from the bathroom so that the other half could have a corner bath
i live in a bungalow - the radiator was fed from a pipe from the ceiling(15mm) i got a freeze kit cut the pipe and fitted an isolation valve
at the bottom of the rad was a myson trv this i left in place as it would be behind the bath
the other half was complaining a little about the cold in her wee studio at the side of the house( its just a shed really)
so i decided to fit this radiator - i managed to attach a 2ft pipe to the trv and fitted an isolating valve at the end of it and openend the trv(access to the trv is very difficult)
from thes two pipes in the bathroom i ran 15 mm plastic pipe to the shed and connected the rad ( i flushed the radiator before fitting )
i opened the isolating valves and the rad would not heat
next i traced the ceiling pipe into the attic (remember i live in a bungalow ) it went across the attic and down into the hot press where it is tapped at right angles into a 22mm pipe which is roasting when the heating is on
after much head scratching i decided that i would loosen the nut at the isolating valve just before the trv in the bathroom and see if the hot water would travel through my pipe work and the rad just incase there was an airlock or something
after a long while of letting the water drip into a tin and emptying it the hot water finally appeared i tightened the nut and went to my scratchcer
got up this morning put the heating on and the radiator is not getting hot the pipe coming down fom the ceiling in the bathroom is cold
that is as far as i have got now i am stuck and would really appreciate any and all help
thanks

you need to balance the other rads out via the lock shields to force water into the new rad. Sounds like you might have a job as Iso valves will be restricting the bore of the pipe even when open. Im confused by what youve done, any chance of a piccy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to novice diyer needs help re installed cold radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock