• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Not sure how to connect shower tray to waste pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

falable

Reaction score
hi, i'm a beginner at this so i dont know some of the basics.
i bought a flexible waste connector and assumed i could simply screw it onto the shower tray waste. It seems like the ends are the same type, and i still dont understand how male and female works.

IMG_20190522_173143.jpg sorry if this doesnt make much sense, its my first time doing some plumbing.IMG_20190522_173130.jpg

Riley

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Don’t use a flexible pipe it will clog. Use 1.5” pipe and solvent weld fittings

OP
falable

falable

Reaction score
Don’t use a flexible pipe it will clog. Use 1.5” pipe and solvent weld fittings
okay i'll do that, but which fitting would be suitable for it? would a straight connector fit over the threads of the tray waste?

Riley

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I suspect that that waste fitting under the shower is a compression fitting and you can slide pipe straight into it and tighten it in place

Darren Jackson

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
You have your flexi the wrong way round the plain end goes to the shower tray waste. The big knuckle or nut end goes on to a plain bit of 40mm waste pipe that goes into your obtuse or 45degree joint that is near the wall and two copper pipes to the left of your picture.

OP
falable

falable

Reaction score
You have your flexi the wrong way round the plain end goes to the shower tray waste. The big knuckle or nut end goes on to a plain bit of 40mm waste pipe that goes into your obtuse or 45degree joint that is near the wall and two copper pipes to the left of your picture.
yeah, i've decided to remove the flexi and use straight pipe instead, thanks~

king of pipes

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Using solvent weld pipe and fittings would be better, as you are using a riser tray this should give you access to achieve this , failing that the flexi could be turned around. Kop

OP
falable

falable

Reaction score
Did it not come with. 45’ bend and washer and nut? Normally they do
i got the cheapest tray i could find so not expecting much, also i solved it using a flexi waste connector. i know its not the best method, but i've run out of time and effort

Riley

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Good thing we gave you the advice not to use a flexible then :rolleyes:

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store