Search the forum,

Discuss Not impressed yet - Armeg jaw droppers in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

WC1

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Armeg jaw droppers. I hears good things and I like a new toy. But both the machine screws on one of them that hold the sliding jaws wouldn't bite and stay in place - no matter how hard I tightened them. Resorted to a fibre washer.
Hopefully things will improve.
Didn't get the nerrad as too many parts to carry (and loose)
Not used in anger yet but they look like they might want to be a bit longer.
Will update

Attachments

• 20210619_131015.jpg
    20210619_131015.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 33
"
Good afternoon, thanks for your purchase and email. Sorry for the problem you have encountered.

During our quality checks we noticed that some of the sliding jaws had a manufacturing defect that caused this exact problem. Although we suspended dispatches when this was discovered, unfortunately some did make their way into the market. It looks like you may have unwittingly ended up with one of those sets. Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused to yourself by this.

If you would care to reply back to me letting me know exactly which wrench(es) is/are affected – basin, bath or both then I can arrange to have replacement jaws sent out to you for you to swap out. I will also include some replacement screws as you mention the slots may be damaged now.

I hope this will bring this issue to a satisfactory conclusion and await your reply.
"

At least they've offered to rectify. Good job I didn't take them out of the wrapper at a customer's - "I've got this great new wrench, watch this"

"
Good afternoon, thanks for your purchase and email. Sorry for the problem you have encountered.

During our quality checks we noticed that some of the sliding jaws had a manufacturing defect that caused this exact problem. Although we suspended dispatches when this was discovered, unfortunately some did make their way into the market. It looks like you may have unwittingly ended up with one of those sets. Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused to yourself by this.

If you would care to reply back to me letting me know exactly which wrench(es) is/are affected – basin, bath or both then I can arrange to have replacement jaws sent out to you for you to swap out. I will also include some replacement screws as you mention the slots may be damaged now.

I hope this will bring this issue to a satisfactory conclusion and await your reply.
"

At least they've offered to rectify. Good job I didn't take them out of the wrapper at a customer's - "I've got this great new wrench, watch this"
Good news.

They’ve always been good when I’ve had problems eg handle snapped

I was more likely to use that bit to hold the handle in place than as a backstop.
I eventually ended up removing them to save weight in my toolbox.
Not a perfect tool but they've been worth the money for me.

They look decent enough, if doing a lot of taps, and with what appears great customer service - often overlooked by some.

Reply to Not impressed yet - Armeg jaw droppers in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock