Search the forum,

Discuss Not hot water, not water from hot water tap, boiler not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TobyW

Hi everyone. Figured this would be worth a shot.

Ill explain it like im 5 years old.

I have cold water, it runs and runs no problem what so ever.

The hot water tap runs (and hot water will eventually come out as normal) but it only runs for 30 seconds. Begins running on normal pressure, 10 seconds later pressure seems to drop, then 30 seconds later the water stops running full stop.

The Boiler is an Ideal Classic FF360 (google for pics). There is a mains switch with a fuse and on off switch on the wall seperate from the boiler. I have replaced the fuse twice but no success. The boiler has an on off switch and a dial, which i presume is for heat, and what the instructions say is a reset overheat switch or something on the side, but its more like a screw, ot a cylindrical object with a thread running round the outside. Tried pressing the thing in the middle of this but it wont budge.

Any ideas?

I was running the tap last night in the shower room. Both the shower and the tap in the shower room run off a pump. I have also tried resetting the boiler using the instructions on the pannel.

EDIT.

Just been out to the boiler now, i still cant see a pilot light, but the boiler is very warm, as though its on. Not something ive noticed in the past 24 hours.

My central heating also works fine. Its like the Hot water tank fills up with about 1 litre of water heats it and then stops.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like youve an airlock or blockage in your dhw. previous posts go through how to clear airlocks, if this fails call in a plumber/rge

Sounds like he has a dead animal in his CWS blocking his HWC feed, or more likely, a stuck float valve.

P.S. Or a HWC 95% full of scale - seen that before.

Last edited by a moderator:
EXCELLENT, i have the taps working now, BOILING hot water lol.

HOWEVER, the taps and shower, both mixer taps and a mixer shower which both run off the electric pump dont work. I have tried blocking the outlet nozzle on each as i did with the taps, but have had no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not hot water, not water from hot water tap, boiler not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock