Search the forum,

Discuss Non standard mixer tap 160mm inlet centres in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bibilapetite

Hello

i need to replace a leaking tap on an old bath. The inlet centres are 160mm apart and I'm struggling to find a suitable mixer. Does anyone know of a supplier? I have tried eBay, Amazon, Plumbworld etc. Almost all seem to be standard 180mm and the distance isn't searchable on the sites which basically means clicking through on every single one and going into the data to check, if available.

Cost is a significant consideration and I don't really care what it looks like as long as it doesn't leak.

Thank you!

Bibi

hi welcome to the forums. i would think you need something with adjustable legs like this

18464.jpg83848.jpg you can fit the legs either way so that they lean in or out

If the above is a no go you could always use x2 single bath taps, does mean you lose the ability to have a shower hose on their though.

another option if you have no other choice is blank the one and fit a bath mono mixer with shower.

Thank you Steve B, the adjustable route seems to make most sense as it would be better to be able to attach a shower head to the mixer tap.

Can I buy any legs and any tap? Is any tap with legs automatically adjustable?

Thanks a lot!

AWheating, how does that work please? Can I still have hot and cold water?

Thanks Plumbstar, really useful and looks like a good deal for that tap.

Hi, I have the same prob. no mixer taps for my bidet (karat) wit 160 centres. The plumbing associations are no help they pass you on and direct you to where you can request a brochure, realy!!!! ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Non standard mixer tap 160mm inlet centres in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi to everyone, newbie here. I have a waterfall mixer tap with a shower attachment which has started leaking. I have replaced both the ceramic disc cartridges, ensuring that everything was clean before hand but its still leaking. To enable the shower, you lift a knob which is situated in the...
Replies
Views
Hi I am reusing an old cast iron bath but when measuring the distance bettween center of tap holes the results came out 7.5 inch (190mm). I notice all the mixers with attachments are usually 180mm so will I just have to settle on single taps or can I buy 190mm mixers?
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to fit a shower mixer tap to my bath but the bath holes centres are 185mm. All the mixer taps I've seen so far require tap centres of 180mm. Would I be able to get away with fitting a 180mm mixer tap to 185mm centres? Is there any adapter or fitting that I can use to accomodate...
Replies
Views
Ch4 plumbing
C
G
I'm trying to replace an old outdoor tap that is connected to some MDPE piping (the house is built on an old road depot and it was an existing installation). It has a "Round Mixer Tap Connector" for the hose but it leaks like crazy and when I took the tap off to have a look, I was sure there...
Replies
Views
I've been a plumber for a while now but never came across some traditional wall mounted bath / mixer tap with 3/4 inch thread coming out of the wall and being 160mm centre to centre between pipes! Now I can get a wall mounted tap 150mm apart but cannot find an adjustable one anywhere....:sad...
Replies
Views
jase158
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock