Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy washing machine during spin cycle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my washing machine (hotpoint aqua) is coming 5 years old but its suddenly gone very noisy during spin cycle!

It rumbles and churns, quick google suggested check its not vibrating against wall and the feet are level. Have tried this but no joy I think the drum bearings maybe the fault ?

Does anyone please know how much it cost for the part and roughly how much it would cost for a handy man to fix it ?

Am pondering if its £100+ might as well buy a new one also, thanks

I replaced the bearings on my own zanussi years ago, wouldnt bother nowadays as I am not that broke, and any repairman will charge around £100 for that job

I remember replacing bearings in my Zanussi washing machine twice. First time I made the mistake of not also replacing the rubber seal which caused the problem of water getting into the bearing in first place! Soon had to replace bearing again & this time with the seal.
Was only a few pounds literally & a very simple job.
Also helped with a Hotpoint that was a nightmare.
Don't spend much on repairing washing machines. You can buy a half decent machine for £200, so fix them yourself if possible & for no more than £50 max for parts.

washing machines throw away items nowdays unless its an exspensive machine and insured i would buy a new one
my brother buys meile and insures them and they last 12/15 years works out at about the same as my 3 cheap ones but it suits him ashis are intergrated and he cant stand the hassle of changing them
good tip i got from a kitchen fitter was to pack out the wall above work top height take the back out of a unit and fit machine behind standard doors you get the intergrated look with out the expense
if im lucky i buy slighty damaged ones cheap as no one else sees them

Thank you very much for all the replies and answers and links.

I think if its going to cost £100 to repair roughly while new ones at currys cost £160 I think I know where ill be ordering! they got free delivery also.

I did look on youtube and replacing looked quite complicated and time consuming so don't think ill be brave enough this time round, thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy washing machine during spin cycle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I rent an apartment in Santiago, Chile where the water is very hard. For the last few years, I've been using the building's laundry on the ground floor but this costs a fortune over the long run and is frankly a ballache when you're on the 12th floor. A colossal waste of time. Not to mention the...
Replies
Views
Hello, My landlord just bought a new Beko machine (Beko WTG721M1W Freestanding Washing Machine, 7kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1200rpm Spin, White at John Lewis & Partners) He got a plumber to install it and last night I tried a first wash (after cleaning the drums like specified in the...
Replies
Views
When my washing machine is on a spin cycle the water pipes can be heard banging all over the house. It s a recent thing and didn't do this before. I've checked it's not too close to the pipes. I read about water hammer but I don't understand why it would do this only on a spin cycle as...
Replies
Views
Bit of a strange mystery recently I got a new samsung washing machine and connected up the water pipes myself and it works fine accept during the water intake/outake the washing machine creates a rumbling or clucking noise of pipes yet in a different room (our living room to be exact) The old...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all First of all apologies if I am wrong to post this question on a plumbers forum but the liability part of the question might be answerable. I had a problem with my washing machine, it stopped during the wash cycle and so would not move onto rinse or spin unless selected separately. I...
Replies
Views
tonto33
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock