Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy Vortech Pump Controller - can I just turn it off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there

I've recently moved into a basement flat of a 4 storey house and there's a Vortech Pump Controller outside my back door. It makes a loud noise every 6 seconds, day and night. I don't know what this pump controller does but I'd like to turn it off at night. I'd really appreciate any thoughts on whether this would be a bad idea!

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• 20191013_124945.jpg
    20191013_124945.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
The control is for a sump pump, probably foul drainage, taking effluent from the invert in the basement to the mains sewer.

How often the pump(s) kick in is dependent upon the volume of the sump and the inflows. Every 6 seconds does not sound correct.

If you switch it off, two things should happen:

A power failure alarm (visual and audible) should sound.

As the sump fills up, it will be apparent as to what the holding volume is.

As a general pointer - any signs of a sluggish flush in a basement wc with a pumped sump system such as this is an immediate cause for concern and action.

Please come back and tell us when you resolved the problem, or need more advice as these things can be very useful for others in future who come across the same issue.

I hope you get it sorted out soon as that can't be very nice having that going off all the time.

Please come back and tell us when you resolved the problem, or need more advice as these things can be very useful for others in future who come across the same issue.

I hope you get it sorted out soon as that can't be very nice having that going off all the time.
Take your pick, outlet(s) restricted, nrv(s) failure, activation control item(s) failure, water ingress.

Reply to Noisy Vortech Pump Controller - can I just turn it off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock